Sunday, March 1, 2009

Gracie Says The Pledge!

This whole week was Gracie's class turn to do the announcements. The teacher gave each kiddo a task & a day of the week that they would say their portion during the announcements. Some kiddos had the Pledge, the Texas Pledge, what was for lunch that day, etc. The kids that went M-TH did their portion of the announcements over the principals intercom which they thought was cool. Gracie was selected to say the Pledge of Allegiance in front of the ENTIRE school at their Friday morning assembly which they call "Friday Morning Live".

Friday was a special treat because the whole family took Gracie to school. We all wanted to be there to let her know how proud we were. She was nervous, but after a lot of practice speaking into a brush...she was ready to go.
Gracie sitting at the front of the assembly waiting for things to get started.
Like any good paparazzi...I moved up closer so I could get the best angle...or so I thought.
So exciting, she's up next!!
Gracie asking everyone to please stand for the Pledge of Allegiance. Here I was thinking that the spot I had wasn't perfect but I could get some good shots. The fact that this one is blurry kills me because...
The whole school then turned to face the American Flag. Which happened to be on the OTHER side of the cafeteria. It never even crossed my mind to look to see where the flag was.
Gracie telling the school her name.
All of her classmates did such a great job!
All done...time to head to class!

We didn't get to talk to Gracie after she said the pledge because her teacher took a short cut across the front lawn. But, after school we told her what a great job she did. I asked her if it went how she thought it would go. She said yes but one thing was different..."The microphone is much heavier than a brush." Ha!

1 comment:

Wright Family said...

Wow!!! How neat! All girls have to the truth of the hair brush at some time...Way to go Gracie!