Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

What a great day I had! I have been so blessed by Gracie, Gwynie & Lance the last few days. Earlier in the week they took be shopping for some new clothes. That turned into quite an interesting event when a strong storm blew through town and the tornado sirens started going off while we were in the store. Nothing happened and after a brief time spent in the center of the store we were able to go back to shopping as usual.

Then today the girls gave me all the cards & pictures they made me at school...too sweet. We went to church and then to lunch. After lunch Lance put Gwynie down for her nap then took Gracie out for a while so I could just hangout and relax. It was so nice...thanks babe! When they got back home Gracie brought me an icee (my favorite), beautiful flowers, cupcakes (yum) and a very special gift. Lance took her to a store and let her completely pick out a new outfit for me. She was so excited for me to open it and try it on. What do you think...She got me a head-to-toe cowgirl outfit! I have to say that I am impressed...Gracie has great taste! You can't see the shoes she got me too well, but they are AWESOME!!! She did tell me that the cowgirl hat was hers...she was just letting me borrow it because it was Mother's day.

All that boot smell from the clothes made me have flashbacks to my sophomore year in high school when I went through my "kicker" stage, HA! They have come a long way in "cowgirl" attire in the past 15 years.

Thank you so much Gracie, Gwynie & Daddy! I had an amazing day! I LOVE YOU!!!

Happy Mother's Day to Nana, Grams & Great Grams too, we hope you had a wonderful day!

P.S. -We recently had some professional pictures taken of the girls. I will be posting those soon.

1 comment:

Wright Family said...

L.O.V.E the hat :) Glad you had a great mother's day! How awesome are those shopping days!!!