Saturday, September 12, 2009

Michelle’s Baby Shower

This weekend Lance watched the girls and I headed down to Dallas for Michelle’s baby shower.  I couldn’t make it to her shower down in Austin {it was the weekend before school started}, so there was no way I was going to miss this one.  Here are a couple pictures of the beautiful {and glowing} Mama-to-be:

It may have been a rainy day outside, but inside the house was full of fun, family, friends and food {yum}.  The hostesses decorated behind the food tables with these fun streamers that hung from the ceiling to the floor {such a cute idea}.

DSC_0052 (2) Michelle with her hostesses

She got so many great gifts.  It almost made me want to have another baby {I said ALMOST…don’t get your hopes up Grandparents} seeing all the amazing things they have out even in just the 3 years since Gwyneth was born.

I had to get a pretty large bag for our gift because it was kinda big and oddly shaped {which made it nearly impossible to wrap…not that I tried}.  I was cracking up watching Michelle open it…all I could see were her feet sticking out from under the bag.

DSC_0030 (2) Michelle trying to peek her head around for a picture! ;)

We ended up getting her a Bumbo. I LOVED mine that I had with Gwyneth {and now they have a tray that fits on them that is just too cool}. I even took mine to work once so that Gwynie could come with me one day.  They are great!

Time for cake! My mom made the cake {which was delicious as always}. She and my Dad drove it in from Austin the morning of the shower.  She made it to match the shower invite…Great job Nana!

The party was really nice and Michelle & Trevor were well showered with items that will help them to get ready for Baby Kalman. Now all we have to do it wait for the little guy to make his grand entrance.  What a glorious day that will be!!!

1 comment:

B.E.A.L. said...

Baby showers are so fun....looks like it was a fun time. I just love seeing little boy stuff since I never had any of that!