Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Bus Ride Home!

Gracie has been asking me since she learned the bus came to our neighborhood {like since the very first day of Kindergarten} if she could ride the bus to/from school.  I finally decided that this year she can ride the bus home a couple days a week {the days Gwynie doesn’t have school}.  Today was one of those days. 

So Gwynie and I set out on our walk to the bus stop {about 3 blocks…too long for Gracie to walk alone in my opinion}. Gwynie wanted to bring Marty along {which we will do a few times} but today I got her to compromise and bring a Care Bear friend along instead.

DSC_0002

It was H-O-T out there!!  Sitting in Carpool with the A/C going didn’t seem so bad at this point.  The bus was a few minutes late {I guess…at least that’s was the veteran parents were saying}.  But the next thing we knew the bus was here! dsc_0011 (2)

We looked for Gracie as all the kids piled off the bus.  Just when I got the OH KNOW SHE FORGOT feeling…there she was! {I really knew she hadn’t forgotten to ride the bus home…that’s all she talked about all morning.  But I was still a bit nervous until I saw her}

dsc_0022 (2)

Sissy’s home!!!

dsc_0041 (2)I love this picture!  It made me flashback to the days of daycare/preschool when she was just so happy to see me that she would run across the room yelling MOMMY-MOMMY-MOMMY!  When you become a SAHM you don’t get those moments very often {mainly because you are always with them}.  When they do happen they are extra special! Today she wasn’t yelling Mommy-mommy-mommy {she is a big First Grader after all} but I like to believe that she was thinking it!

1 comment:

B.E.A.L. said...

oh wow...I bet she loved it! I had no idea there was a bus that went from our school. cute pictures...I love how she was so excited!