Saturday, August 15, 2009

Our Week Long “Staycation”!

The girls just came home from a week with Nana & Paw Paw.  They had a great time!  Lance & I really missed them…we called them every night before they went to bed.  As much as we missed them we really enjoyed the vacation.  This was the first time that they had been away from us when we didn’t have somewhere to be or something to do {i.e., mission trips or out of town vacations}.  We were in our own home with our same day to day activities…but the girls weren’t with us. 

The weekend was awesome.  We woke up when we wanted, hung out with friends and went to the movies.  We took full advantage of being kid-free. 

The first “real” day was weird for me.  Lance had to go to work and well, my “work” was at Nana & Paw Paw’s house.  Of course I enjoyed doing whatever I wanted but after a couple of hours of it {and a few naps later} I was like…now what.  I decided to spend my time {while Lance was at work} organizing a few things around the house.  It’s not the first thing that would have come to mind if someone had asked me what I would do, but I actually enjoyed it.  It was nice to be able to focus on a couple of projects and see them through to completion in a matter of hours instead of months. {One of those life things that happens when you are a SAHM…when I first decided to stay at home I had all these big plans…perfectly behaved kids, super clean house, dinner on the table when Lance got home AND to a happy family. I tried that for a couple of weeks and pretty much decided that with me playing the role of the SAHM I couldn’t do all those things AND have a happy family.  So having a happy family won out and those big plans of being uber-organized went out the window.} 

We missed the girls like crazy but the week we were apart was a much needed break for everyone.  It was a great way for us all {especially Lance & I} to get refreshed for this last week of summer and the school year that starts up in just a few short days.

We cannot thank Nana & Paw Paw enough.  You guys ROCK!!! Just let us know when “Summer Camp Cedar Park” opens again for registration. ;)

1 comment:

B.E.A.L. said...

That sounds like it was a fabulous and very productive week. I really need to do some serious organizing around here too!

I love how you called it "Summer Camp of Cedar Park". That is so cute!