The first installment of “Love Your Neighbor As Yourself Monday” is dedicated to a school in Belize that both Lance and I hold near and dear to our hearts. You can read a brief history of the school and about the time I was blessed to spend at Holy Cross here and here. In the future I will also be posting all sorts of local and national opportunities to help others.

How we can serve our neighbors at Holy Cross:
Keep Holy Cross In Your Prayers
Pray With Holy Cross Every Thursday Morning
Form/Join a Mission Team to Holy Cross
**If you feel called to send items from the school’s wish list, I will tell you that it is not cheap to get packages to Belize. It expensive from our end and on the end of those that are receiving them {duties, etc.}. However, God has a solution to that problem too. His answer is a ministry called The Word at Work {TWAW} and it located in Amarillo, Texas. You can read more about their mission on their website, but they ship freight size containers to Belize about once a month. There are several different schools and ministries that they support and Holy Cross is one of them! There is NO COST to those in Belize receiving the donations. All fees, duties, etc., are paid for through TWAW contributors. The only cost to Holy Cross is the fuel & time is takes for Vernon & Frances {School founders & managers} to take the boat they have to Belize City once a month to pick up the supplies {about 1.5+/- hours each way}. I know that Vernon & Frances are grateful for TWAW and look forward to this journey to Belize City each month. If you ship your items to the TWAW ministry office with your intended destination written clearly on the outside of the box and with a inventory of what’s inside included with the packing slip…they take care of the rest! Thanks be to God for The Word at Work ministry!!!

If you have any questions about Holy Cross or ways we can serve them in love, please leave a comment to this post and I will do my best to answer your questions and get your the information/resources you may need. God’s Peace.



No comments:
Post a Comment